The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
1. What do you like to do other than reading/reviewing books/blogging?
I’m a big music fan, and love going to gigs with my friends, as well as attempting to improve my guitar/piano skills. Other than that, I’m kinda obsessed with charity shops, and like to bumble around my local ones to see what gems I can find!
2. Favourite movie you’ve watched this year?
Although it didn’t come out this year, I only recently got round to watching Moana and really loved it. I watched Sing! a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed that too. (I don’t just watch musical animations, I promise!)
3. If you could have a chance to spend a day with your favourite author, who’d it be? And how would you spend the day with them?
I was lucky enough to meet Kiran Millwood Hargrave recently (I am a big fan!) and she is also a really lovely person, so I definitely wouldn’t say no to hanging out with her for the day! Something chill like a wander around Oxford or somewhere similar with afternoon tea or something? To be honest, I’m not sure I could cope with a whole day with a favourite author, I’d probably pass out after an hour or two and/or forget how to speak (again) and embarrass myself over and over… next question please?!
4. What’s a book that you want everyone in the world to read? Why?
THUG by Angie Thomas. Need I say more?
5. Favourite dessert?
Hmm… possibly tiramisu.
6. Are you a sporty person?
Ahahahahahaha – in a word, nope. I love going for walks and doing things that count as exercise without having the competitive, intense sporty tag associated with them. Having to do PE with the Super Sporty people at school has scarred me for life…
7. What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever tried?
I wouldn’t say I’m a very experimental foodie… plus I’m pescatarian so will never be one of those people who are like “oh yeah, I’ve eaten [insert unusual wild animal here]”. I did once try fish fingers and custard (because my brother is a big Doctor Who fan and wanted to try it), but I think the less said about that, the better.
8. Empire State Building or Big Ben?
Tough question! London is home, so I’m tempted to say Big Ben, but then again I’ve not yet made it to New York, so maybe the Empire State? Oh I don’t know. I’m using my Pass card for this question, pls.
9. Favourite fashion brands?
As anyone who knows me irl can tell you, I’m really not a fashion follower. My wardrobe is about 90% gig/disney merch… Also I’d love to be a more ethical shopper, and really want to start looking at the clothes in charity shops more.
10. If you could work for your most favourite publisher, who would it be?
This is a tough question… I’m a big fan of Hodder (and it’s many imprints), due to the fact that they have various twitter accounts that are catered for readers (and one for book sellers! YAY!), but I also love the MyKindaBook people over at Macmillan, and I love spotting new Chicken House books to read… That’s a rubbish answer, I know, but there are so many lovely publishing people out there who I’d love to work with.
11. Mr. Darcy or Heathcliff?
Okay, honesty hour alert – I’ve never read either… I know, I know, shame on me etc etc. I adore The Lizzy Bennett Diaries on youtube so would prolly pick Darcy… but I really should read both at some point!
I am yet to find a blog that I don’t like and isn’t run by a lovely person, so I am blanket nominating you ALL. That’s right – if you’re reading this, I nominate you! I also would like to specifically nominate:
- Moon (Life as Moon Kestrel – read her answers here)
- Lucy-May (Writing Wolves – read her answers here)
- Lauren (The Bookish Fairy)
- Fernanda (The Wanderlust Reader)
- Lauren (Northern Plunder)
- Angharad (Two Book Thieves)
- Nadia (Headscarves & Hardbacks – read her answers here)
- Jenn (A Page of Jenniely)
- Beth (Books Nest)
- Cat (Tackfiction – read her answers here)
- Emily (Always Opinionated Girl)
My 11 Questions:
- Favourite book when you growing up?
- Which 3 fictional characters are you most like?
- Who would you fancast as your favourite characters?
- Which book is underhyped, and that you want everyone to read?
- Which book is overhyped, and is really not as good as everyone says?
- What/who inspired you to start blogging?
- How long have you been blogging?
- How many books are on your tbr?
- Do you like to listen to music whilst reading? And if so, do you pick certain artists/songs to match the book?
- Which book(s) do you wish you had written?
- What book did you most recently finish, what are you reading now, and what do you think you’ll pick to read next?
Thanks again to the lovely Jasmine for the nomination, and I can’t wait to see the answers to my questions! If you choose to answer them, please tag me so that I can read it 🙂